JUMP TO:
246TH ARMY BAND
 COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA -

History

Summary

The 246 Army Band was organized and Federally recognized 12 OCT 1939, in the South Carolina National Guard, as the Band Section, Service Battery, 178 Field Artillery at Columbia, SC.

The Band was reorganized and re-designated 1 JUL 1940, as the Band, 178 Field Artillery, which became part of General Patton’s Command.

The Band was inducted to Federal service 27 JAN 1941 at Columbia, SC. It was reorganized and re-designated 27 JUN 1944 as the 246 Army Ground Forces Band.

In WWII, the Band participated in campaigns in Tunisia, Naples, Foggia, Rome, and Arno. The 246 Army Ground Forces Band was inactivated on 30 SEP 1945 in Italy.

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia

Distinctive Unit Insignia